- Being a dyslexic kid, coping with school work was always a challenge for her.
- Her training started at the age of 7 when her father used to take her for a swim in the ocean and asked her to sing while swimming.
- First appeared on television as a guest on the variety show Penthouse Live in 1986.
- Released her self-titled debut album in 1987.
- Made her movie debut with The Untouchable Family (1988)
- Affectionately nicknamed Asia's Songbird after she won the Asia-Pacific Singing Contest in 1989.
- In 2002, was named as a UNICEF ambassador for Asia.
- Joined other celebrities in donating more than P 300,000 for the typhoon Ondoy victims in 2009.
- Along with Universal Records, donated P 500,000 to the Philippine Red Cross in 2013.
- Nathaniel James Alcasid — Son
- Teresita Ansóng — Mother
- Gerardo Velásquez — Father
- Sarah Alcasid — Stepdaughter
- Ogie Alcasid — Husband
- Leila Alcasid — Stepdaughter
- Cacai Velásquez — Sister
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Wynonna Earp Stars Share Their Hopes and Predictions for Season 4
- 2. The Blacklist's Aram-Centric Episode Reveals What Happens When Keeping It Rich Goes Wrong
- 3. Netflix's Cowboy Bebop Faces Long Delay After John Cho's On-Set Injury
- 4. Supernatural's Kevin Tran Deserved Better in His Season 15 Return
- 5. iZombie's David Anders Joins Roswell, New Mexico Season 2
- 6. Fiona's Crappy Ex on Shameless Is Going to Be a Hot Doctor on Grey's Anatomy
- 7. Survivor: Island of the Idols: Ranking the Worst Lies in Survivor History ... Including Noura's