- Began his acting career in 1939 with the Margo Jones Community Players in Houston.
- Made his Broadway debut in 1945 in Hamlet.
- Played a space alien in the 1963-66 TV comedy My Favorite Martian, one of his most popular roles.
- His seven-decade career spanned Broadway, television and film.
- Was nominated for an Emmy for the first time when he was nearly 80.
- Received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1995.
- Died of lupus at age 86.
- 1994, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 1996, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actor for a Drama Series: Winner
- 1995, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Winner
- 1956, Tony — Actor (Musical): Winner
- 1994, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 1995, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Harrie Norman Walston — Father
- Ruth Calvert — Wife
- Katherine Ann Walston — Daughter
- Mittie Walston — Mother
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Walking Dead Sent Carol Down a Dark Path
- 2. These Are All the Comics Easter Eggs in Watchmen
- 3. This Week, Prodigal Son Will Finally Reveal Why Dani Trusts Bright So Much
- 4. Tom Brady Isn't Happy About that Living With Yourself Cameo Backlash
- 5. Watch Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon Recreate a Favorite Friends Scene
- 6. Wynonna Earp Stars Share Their Hopes and Predictions for Season 4
- 7. The Blacklist's Aram-Centric Episode Reveals What Happens When Keeping It Rich Goes Wrong