- Began his acting career in 1939 with the Margo Jones Community Players in Houston.
- Made his Broadway debut in 1945 in Hamlet.
- Played a space alien in the 1963-66 TV comedy My Favorite Martian, one of his most popular roles.
- His seven-decade career spanned Broadway, television and film.
- Was nominated for an Emmy for the first time when he was nearly 80.
- Received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1995.
- Died of lupus at age 86.
- 1956, Tony — Actor (Musical): Winner
- 1995, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Winner
- 1995, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 1994, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 1994, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 1996, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actor for a Drama Series: Winner
- Mittie Walston — Mother
- Ruth Calvert — Wife
- Katherine Ann Walston — Daughter
- Harrie Norman Walston — Father
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Chicago P.D. Just Dropped the Mother of All Burzek Bombshells
- 2. Survivor Producers Address Contestant's Sexual Harassment In Unprecedented Episode
- 3. Brace Yourself for Arrow Stars' Touching Photos From Last Days on Set
- 4. The Masked Singer's Ladybug Says the Lindsay Lohan Shade Was Just to Throw People Off
- 5. The Masked Singer Reveals Ladybug Is an O.G. Reality Star
- 6. 3 Theories About Who's Actually Dead on How to Get Away With Murder Season 6
- 7. What to Stream the Weekend of Nov. 15