- Began her radio career in 1999 when she won a contest to deliver the news on a Holyoke, MA, morning show.
- Hired at the radio network Air America in 2004, where she initially cohosted Unfiltered With Chuck D; a year later, she had her own program.
- Lived without a television for most of her adult life until 2009, when she finally purchased a set.
- Attended Oxford University on a Rhodes scholarship.
- The first openly gay Rhodes scholar.
- Volunteered at an AIDS center in Oakland during her senior year of high school.
- Honored with the Walter Cronkite Faith & Freedom Award in 2010.
- Robert Maddow — Father
- Elaine Maddow — Mother
- David Maddow — Brother
- Susan Mikula — Significant Other
- Stanford University, Standford, California, United States (BA in Public Policy, 1994); University of Oxford, Lincoln College, Oxford, England (DPhil in Political Science, 2001)