- Suffers from nystagmus, a condition that causes his eyes to move involuntarily.
- Landed his first role in Jim Jarmusch's Down by Law (1986), but his part was edited out of the final release.
- Made his movie debut in 1987 in the thriller Angel Heart.
- Breakthrough role came in 1994's Nobody's Fool, opposite Paul Newman.
- During the 1996-97 season he delivered three memorable performances: on the Fox series The X-Files, the ABC series Murder One and the CBS TV-movie Night Sins.
- 1997, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series: Winner
- Julianne Mattelig — Wife
- Betty Vince — Mother
- Anne Schneider — Ex-wife
- Attended Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
- 1. Charlie Brown and the Peanuts Gang Are Coming to Apple
- 2. The CW Really Wants to Make Chris Wood Happen
- 3. The 12 Days of Chris-Mas, Explained
- 4. Watch the Promising First Trailer for the Downton Abbey Movie
- 5. Literally Just 40 Celebrities Named Chris
- 6. A New Emmys Rule Change Could Be Trouble for Black Mirror
- 7. Legacies Finally Revealed What Became of Klaus After He Died on The Originals