- Played football for the University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth, for two years, with hopes of turning pro.
- Considered becoming a professional welterweight or middleweight boxer during college, but a knockout punch during a sparring match changed Hall's mind.
- Began his acting career with a series of Boston TV commercials and industrial films.
- Landed his first series-regular role in 2006, playing NFL wide receiver Derwin Davis on the CW sitcom The Game.
- Came by his unusual stage name as a baby: a neighbor took to calling Ronald Hall Jr. "Pookie," which his father changed to "Poochie," and eventually just "Pooch."
- Marion Hall Sr. — Father
- Attended University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth, Massachusetts, United States