- Nicknamed Pink as a kid because she would blush bright pink when embarrassed.
- As a youth, was the lead singer of two punk bands and sang gospel in all-black churches.
- Became a backup singer for the hip-hop group Schools of Thought at 14.
- Dropped out of high school at 15 and later earned her GED.
- Joined the R&B group Basic Instinct in 1996 and was later recruited for R&B trio Choice.
- After Choice disbanded, was signed as a solo artist by producer L.A. Reid to Babyface's LaFace label.
- Debut solo album, Can't Take Me Home (2000), went double platinum, and her 2001 sophomore effort, M!ssundaztood, went platinum five times over.
- Made her film debut in the 2002 remake of Rollerball and played a major role in the 2007 horror movie Catacombs.
- Reached the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart for the first time as a solo artist with the 2008 single "So What."
- Is a vegetarian and strong supporter of animal rights and PETA.
- 2010, Grammy — Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals: Winner
- 2001, Grammy — Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals: Winner
- 2017, CMT Music Awards — Collaborative Video of the Year: Nominee
- 2003, Grammy — Best Female Rock Vocal Performance: Winner
- Jameson Moon Hart — Son
- Carey Hart — Husband
- Judy Moore — Mother
- Jim Moore — Father
- Jason Moore — Brother
- Willow Sage Hart — Daughter
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The 100's Bob Morley Says Bellamy Will Spend Season 6 Rebuilding Trust with Clarke
- 2. Everything We Know About Apple TV+ Shows
- 3. Here's the Game of Thrones Season Maisie Williams Thinks Fans Should Revisit Ahead of Season 8
- 4. The Resident and 9-1-1 Renewed for Season 3 at Fox
- 5. 6 Totally Plausible Theories About How Game of Thrones Could End
- 6. Here's Your First Look at Uma Thurman and Tony Goldwyn's New Netflix Horror Series Chambers
- 7. The Walking Dead's Latest Victims Say Goodbye and Thank You to Fans