- Joined a circus act in her native Baltimore at 16 and trained in fire eating, juggling and miming.
- Directs and produces plays for the Outreach Christian Theatre Company, a group she runs with her husband.
- Portrayed former secretary of state Condoleezza Rice in two films: Showtime's DC 9/11: Time of Crisis (2003) and ABC's The Path to 9/11 (2006).
- To inspire her daughter, she earned her paralegal certification after finding success as an actress.
- 2002, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Danyel Jerald — Daughter
- Gralin Jerald — Husband
- Norman Johnson — Father
- Alice Johnson — Mother
- The Juilliard School, New York, New York, United States
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. Red in Prison Is the Blacklist Storyline We Didn't Know We Needed
- 2. The Celebrity Big Brother Season 2 Cast Reveals Their Biggest Live-Feed Fears
- 3. Star Trek: Discovery Will Explore Number One's Relationship with Captain Pike
- 4. Star Trek: Discovery Season 2 Is Stronger and More Fun
- 5. Dynasties Is a Powerful and Necessary New Species of Nature Documentary
- 6. The Passage Will Show How Project Noah Got Started in Episode 2
- 7. Olicity Will Be a 'Force to Reckon With' When Arrow Returns