- Worked briefly at a toy factory after graduating high school.
- Moved to New York to pursue an artistic career in 1967.
- Costarred with Sam Shepard in his autobiographical play Cowboy Mouth in 1971.
- Wrote as a music journalist for Creem and Rolling Stone magazines in the 1970s.
- Was honored with the title of Commander of the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres by the French Ministry of Culture in 2005.
- Won the 2010 National Book Award for her memoir, Just Kids.
- 2015, Golden Globe — Best Original Song - Motion Picture: Nominee
- Beverly Smith — Mother
- Grant Smith — Father
- Fred "Sonic" Smith — Husband (deceased)
- Jackson Smith — Son
- Linda Smith — Sister
- Robert Mapplethorpe — Ex-significant Other
- Todd Smith — Brother
- Jesse Smith — Daughter
- Attended Rowan University, Glassboro, New Jersey, United States
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. Did True Detective Just Reveal The Season 3 Killer?
- 2. Baywatch on Amazon Prime Will Heat Up Your Winter
- 3. Here's What to Stream Before Gillian Anderson Arrives on The Crown
- 4. Pete Davidson Returns to SNL to Talk a Bit About Mental Health but Mostly The Mule
- 5. Saturday Night Live Spoofs the Shutdown with Deal or No Deal Parody
- 6. At Long Last, the American Gods Season 2 Trailer Is Here
- 7. Happy Super Blood Wolf Moon! Here's a Ranking of the Best TV Werewolves