- His father, a news anchorman, and his mother, a voice teacher, have also worked as professional singers.
- Won the Charles Willard Memorial Award for Undergraduate Excellence in Music Theatre while attending Carnegie-Mellon University.
- In 1999, made Broadway debut in the musical Fascinating Rhythm.
- His breakthrough role was as Joe Pitt in the HBO miniseries Angels in America (2003).
- Appeared alongside Claire Danes in a 2007 GAP commercial that featured the pair dancing to "Anything You Can Do."
- Headlined a 2012 concert, along with his brothers Mark and Paul, benefiting Paws for Patriots, an organization that trains guide dogs for visually impaired veterans.
- Has appeared as a soloist with Tampa Bay's Mostly Pops Orchestra.
- 2004, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- 2002, Tony — Actor (Musical): Nominee
- 2015, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Actor in a Movie Made for Television or Limited Series: Nominee
- 2001, Tony — Actor (Musical): Nominee
- 2004, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie: Nominee
- 2016, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Limited Series or a Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- Mark Wilson — Brother
- Paul Wilson — Brother
- Kassian McCarrell Wilson — Son
- Mary K. Wilson — Mother
- Dagmara Dominczyk — Wife
- John Wilson — Father
- Kalin Patrick Wilson — Son
- Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States (BFA in Drama, 1995)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Shadowhunters' Matthew Daddario Says Malec Is Heading for Rough Waters
- 2. Miracle Workers' Geraldine Viswanathan Isn't Here For Hollywood Tokenism
- 3. The Bachelor: Colton Is a Messy Bro Who Lives for Drama
- 4. Here's Where Every Game of Thrones Character Is Right as Season 8 Begins
- 5. Alison's Dark Side Emerges in This Perfectionists Sneak Peek
- 6. Oscars 2019: Live Updates From the 91st Academy Awards
- 7. Kel Mitchell Confirms He Will Appear in Kenan Thompson's All That Revival