Better known for her voluptuous figure and stormy love life than her talent, Anderson started out as a model before transitioning to acting. After playing the original Tool Time Girl on the sitcom Home Improvement, she joined the cast of the beach-based series Baywatch in 1992. Her unbelievable body and bleached-blonde tresses made her an instant sex symbol, while her turbulent romances (Scott Baio, Bret Michaels, David Charvet) and her failed marriage to Mötley Crüe drummer Tommy Lee kept her in the tabloids. Barb Wire, her bid for big-screen stardom, fizzled, so she returned to the small-screen in V.I.P. Off-screen, she suffered through a stolen sex-video scandal, hepatitis C and the removal and replacement of her breast implants. In the early '00s, the busy Anderson wrote two romans à clef, launched her own clothing line, penned a syndicated column and returned to TV in the sitcom Stacked. In 2006, she married her on-again, off-again love, Kid Rock, in two separate, highly publicized ceremonies. They filed for one divorce a few months later.
- Discovered in 1989 at a Canadian football game wearing a Labatt T-shirt.
- Pens a column for Jane magazine and authored two loosely autobiographical books entitled Star and Star Struck.
- Advocate for PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals).
- Introduced a clothing line in 2005.
- Had a beach wedding for her two dogs, a Chihuahua named Luca and a golden retriever named Star, in August 2005.
- After engaging in an on-again, off-again relationship with Kid Rock for a number of years, the two wed in August, 2006. They filed for divorce in November of that same year.
- Brandon Thomas Lee — Son
- Tommy Lee — Ex-husband
- Barry Anderson — Father
- Carol Anderson — Mother
- Dylan Jagger Lee — Son
- Herman Anderson — Grandfather
- Jamie Padgett — Ex-significant Other
- Rick Salomon — Ex-husband
- Kid Rock — Ex-husband
- Scott Baio — Ex-fiancé
- Gerry Anderson — Brother