This tough, energetic bombshell has never been afraid to get her hands dirty. A true Renaissance woman, she pursued careers in medicine, education and wedding planning before settling on homebuilding. She cofounded Rent to Own Investments, dedicated to renovating homes for needy tenants. A self-taught yet skilled carpenter, the perpetually pink-clad powerhouse appeared on a Monster House's 2003 Christmas episode in order to win tools for her company. She not only got the tools, she also landed a gig on ABC's hit reality series Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Since 2004, she has been an inspiration to do-it-yourself gals everywhere, proving beauty can go hand-in-hand with brawn. In 2009, she inspired in another capacity when she went public about her battle with depression, and became involved with Blueprint for Hope, a campaign for depression awareness. In addition to her Extreme Makeover: Home Edition duties, she spent her time running her Tuff Chix company, publishing numerous do-it-yourself guidebooks, and actively supporting charities such as Habitat for Humanity and Keep America Beautiful.
- While attending the University of California Santa Barbara, she taught CPR to her fellow students and became a licensed emergency medical technician.
- Cofounded Rent To Own Investments and Simply Elegant Weddings.
- Launched Tuff Chix in 2005, a company that creates tools, books, work wear and accessories designed for women, such as her signature pink tool belt.
- On November 28, 2006, she released her first book, The Tuff Chix Guide to Easy Home Improvement.
- In 2009, joined Blueprint for Hope, a campaign for depression awareness.
- Russ Hemmis — Ex-husband
- University of California, Santa Barbara, California, United States (BA in Theology and Psychology)
Let's Talk About Sex on TV, Baby
Sex Ed Week explores the ways TV is pushing boundaries forward – and the ways it still lets us down
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. What The Actual F*** Just Happened in That Supernatural Finale
- 2. Gotham's Series Finale Broke a Rule of Batman
- 3. Marvel's Cloak and Dagger Takes Us Behind the Scenes of Tyrone's Tense Heist
- 4. Gotham Boss on the Batman-Centric Series Finale: 'It Means We Told the Story Properly'
- 5. Stan Lee's Final MCU Cameo in Avengers: Endgame Is a Heartwarming Send-off
- 6. All Signs Point to Brett and Casey Steaming Things Up on Chicago Fire
- 7. Manstead Is Dead on Chicago Med, Long Live Leestead