- While a college student, he had a series of photographic portraits published in the British newspaper the Guardian.
- Performed in the bands She Talks to Angels (named after a Black Crowes song) and Riding the Low.
- Appeared in music videos for Coldplay's "God Put a Smile Upon Your Face" (2002) and the Arctic Monkeys' "Leave Before the Lights Come On" (2006). Also wrote the story for the latter video.
- Was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome in 2011, and in 2013 it was discovered that he has a visual-perception condition called Irlen syndrome.
- Has an extensive collection of Star Wars merchandise, as well as a number of Happy Days figurines.
- Refuses to audition for film roles.
- 2012, BAFTA Film Awards — Outstanding Debut by a British Writer, Director or Producer: Winner
- 2008, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Short Film: Winner
- 2011, Sundance Film Festival — World Cinema Directing Award: Dramatic: Winner
- 2003, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2012, Independent Spirit Awards — Best International Film: Nominee
- 2018, Olivier Awards — Best Actor: Nominee
- Pauline Considine — Mother
- Shelley Considine — Wife
- Joseph Considine — Son
- Attended Burton College, Burton-on-Trent, England; University of Brighton, Brighton, England (BA in Photography, 1997)
Quiz: What Should You Binge Next on Netflix?
Skip the endless scroll! Find out what you really want to watch.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Gifted and Rel Canceled at Fox
- 2. The Magicians Finale Killed Off the One Person We Never Expected
- 3. The Bold Type Cast Wants a Crossover Episode with Good Trouble
- 4. The Perfectionists' Hayley Erin Reveals Just How Alike Taylor and Alison Are
- 5. The Perfectionists Leaned Heavily Into Its Pretty Little Liars Roots This Week
- 6. Sansa Stark Goes Mean Girls on Dany in Our Ridiculous Dolls of Thrones Recap
- 7. Game of Thrones Season 8 Complete Coverage