- While a college student, he had a series of photographic portraits published in the British newspaper the Guardian.
- Performed in the bands She Talks to Angels (named after a Black Crowes song) and Riding the Low.
- Appeared in music videos for Coldplay's "God Put a Smile Upon Your Face" (2002) and the Arctic Monkeys' "Leave Before the Lights Come On" (2006). Also wrote the story for the latter video.
- Was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome in 2011, and in 2013 it was discovered that he has a visual-perception condition called Irlen syndrome.
- Has an extensive collection of Star Wars merchandise, as well as a number of Happy Days figurines.
- Refuses to audition for film roles.
- 2012, BAFTA Film Awards — Outstanding Debut by a British Writer, Director or Producer: Winner
- 2003, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2011, Sundance Film Festival — World Cinema Directing Award: Dramatic: Winner
- 2012, Independent Spirit Awards — Best International Film: Nominee
- 2018, Olivier Awards — Best Actor: Nominee
- 2008, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Short Film: Winner
- Pauline Considine — Mother
- Shelley Considine — Wife
- Joseph Considine — Son
- Attended Burton College, Burton-on-Trent, England; University of Brighton, Brighton, England (BA in Photography, 1997)