- Began playing tennis at 4 years old and made professional debut at 16.
- Nickname is Nole.
- Was the first Serbian player to win a Grand Slam event (the 2008 Australian Open).
- Won a bronze medal in men's singles at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing.
- Helped lead Serbia to its first Davis Cup title in 2010, and celebrated with the rest of the team by getting his head shaved.
- Started the 2011 season with a 41-match winning streak, the best to begin a season since John McEnroe's 42-match streak in 1984.
- Earned the ATP World Tour No. 1 ranking in July 2011 after winning his first Wimbledon title.
- Chosen as the flag bearer for Serbia at the 2012 Olympics in London; finished fourth after losing to Juan Martin del Potro in the bronze medal match.
- Won 11 titles in 2015, including the Australian Open, Wimbledon, U.S. Open, and six masters tournaments.
- With his 2016 French Open win, won four Grand Slam titles in a row, making him the first man to hold all four since 1969.
- Despite being the top-ranked player in the men's singles tournament at the 2016 Olympics in Rio, was ousted in the first round by del Potro (who went on to win silver).
- Stefan — Son
- Djordje Djokovic — Brother
- Jelena Ristic — Wife
- Srdjan Djokovic — Father
- Dijana Djokovic — Mother
- Marko Djokovic — Brother