- Spent three years as a U.S. Air Force tail gunner in the Pacific theatre during World War II.
- Befriended Marlon Brando early in his career, and Brando suggested he study acting with Stella Adler. Later, Fell enrolled in the Actors Studio.
- Appeared in more than 150 plays and TV shows while living in New York during the 1950s.
- Starred in the pilot for The Girl From U.N.C.L.E. in 1966, but at the last minute was replaced by the younger Noel Harrison.
- Shot one of the first American Express "Do You Know Me?" commercials in 1974.
- Was inducted into Philadelphia's Central High School Hall of Fame in 1976.
- 1979, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Winner
- 1976, Emmy — Outstanding Single Performance by a Supporting Actor: Nominee
- Diane Weiss — Ex-wife
- Mara Fell Polan — Daughter
- Karen Weingard — Ex-wife
- Tracy Fell Klorman — Daughter
- Casey Evan Fell — Son
- Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States (BA in Drama, 1950)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Bette and Shane Share a Tender Moment in The L Word: Generation Q Trailer
- 2. Michonne Looks Fierce in Poster for Danai Gurira's Final The Walking Dead Season
- 3. A Gilmore Girls Alum Is Heading to The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Season 3
- 4. Sean Spicer Addresses Dancing With the Stars Backlash
- 5. Stephan James and Hong Chau to Return for Homecoming Season 2
- 6. Bethenny Frankel Is Leaving Real Housewives, So What Even Is the Point Anymore?
- 7. Netflix's 2019 Originals: A Complete Guide