A skilled piano player before he was barely old enough to talk, Gray-Cabey became the youngest person ever to perform at the Sydney Opera Hall at 5 years old. His incredible musical talent won him appearances on myriad talk and news shows, including The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Dateline, Ripley's Believe It or Not! and The Oprah Winfrey Show, where he was spotted by the folks behind the sitcom My Wife and Kids and offered a recurring role. He soon moved up to a regular role on the hit NBC series Heroes, and after the show was canceled in 2009, he continued his acting career with guest spots on CSI and Family Guy, as well as a part in the 2010 film Pizza Man. Off screen, Gray-Cabey helped found a nonprofit group called Action in Music, which allows inner-city musicians to travel to developing countries for fund-raising concerts.
- Grew up without a television in his family's home.
- Began playing piano at a young age and performed at the Sydney Opera House at 5 years old.
- Was asked to join the cast of My Wife and Kids after a piano performance on The Oprah Winfrey Show.
- Made his big-screen debut in Lady in the Water (2006).
- Started Action in Music, a nonprofit group that allows inner-city musicians to travel abroad to perform fund-raising concerts in developing countries.
- Shawn Cabey — Father
- Whitney Gray — Mother
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. How to Watch All the New Fall Shows Without a Cable Subscription
- 2. The Walking Dead's Christian Serratos Will Reportedly Play Selena in Netflix Series
- 3. Arrow's Stephen Amell Says He Got the Ending He Wanted for Oliver
- 4. Bingeing Friends On the Job Is So Not Cool with Robert De Niro
- 5. Elite Season 2 Trailer Is Full of Sex, Side Eye, and Secrets
- 6. Succession Renewed for Season 3 at HBO
- 7. Everything We Know About HBO Max, WarnerMedia's New Streaming Service