- Worked as a news reporter before pursuing a career in politics.
- Served as communications chief for President George W. Bush's campaign.
- Served as senior campaign adviser for the McCain-Palin presidential campaign in 2008.
- Her first book Eighteen Acres was published in 2010.
- Was portrayed by Sarah Paulson in the 2012 movie Game Change.
- Mark Wallace — Husband
- Liam Wallace — Son
- University of California, Berkeley, United States (BA in Mass Communications, 1994); Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, United States (MA in Journalism, 1996)