- Comes from a family of gymnasts: mother, Anna, was a rhythm gymnastics world champion in 1987; father, Valeri, medaled four times, including two golds, in the 1988 Olympics for the Soviet Union national team.
- Began competing at age 6.
- Trained at the WOGA (World Olympic Gymnastics Academy), which was co-founded by her parents; other alumni include 2004 all-around Olympic gold medalist Carly Patterson.
- Two-time all-around national champion in 2005 and 2006.
- Suffered an ankle injury in 2006 that required surgery.
- Shares the record (with Shannon Miller) for the most world championship medals (nine) by a U.S. gymnast.
- Won 5 medals at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, including a gold medal in the All-Around and a team silver.
- Retired from competitive gymnastics in 2012 after failing to earn a berth for the 2012 Olympics, but still traveled to London with the team as the athlete representative for the Federation of International Gymnasts.
- Matt Lombardi — Fiancé
- Valeri Liukin — Father
- Anna Kotchneva Liukin — Mother
- Attended Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas, United States; attends New York University, New York, New York, United States
The Best Big Bang Theory Guest Stars, Ranked
From Stan Lee to Leonard Nimoy, check out the greatest cameos on the CBS sitcom
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Game of Thrones Photo Recap: Arya Gets It in Despite Having Zero Game
- 2. Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, and More Stars Looking Super at the Avengers: Endgame Premiere
- 3. Better Call Saul May End After Season 6
- 4. Here's How To Watch the Avengers: Endgame Premiere Livestream
- 5. The Trailer for Gotham's Series Finale Is Here, With 100 Percent More Batman
- 6. Here's How Antonio, Connor, and Ava Might Leave One Chicago
- 7. Which Game of Thrones Characters Are Most Likely to Die Fighting the White Walkers?