- Originally planned to be a schoolteacher.
- Spent two seasons with the New York City Opera Company, performing in such productions as Carmen and The Mikado.
- Performed as a soloist with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra.
- Made her Broadway debut in 1960 in Do Re Mi.
- Played Maria in the 1962 Broadway production of The Sound of Music.
- Was an original cohost of Good Morning America.
- For five years, she headed the Ray Bolger Endowment for Musical Performances at UCLA.
- Regularly performs as a cabaret singer.
- 1965, Tony — Actress (Musical): Nominee
- 1961, Tony — Actress, Supporting or Featured (Musical): Nominee
- James Travis — Ex-husband
- Sarah Isabel Seitz — Mother
- Valentine Mayer — Husband
- George Adrian Dussault — Father
- Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, United States (BA in Music, 1957)