- Discovered by gymnastics coach Bela Karolyi while doing cartwheels at an elementary-school playground.
- Recorded the first-ever perfect 10 at the Olympics in Montreal in 1976; the scoreboard wasn't equipped to display the score so it read 1.00.
- After winning five medals and recording seven 10s, she graced the covers of Sports Illustrated, Time and Newsweek in the same week in 1976.
- Won a total of nine Olympic medals (five gold, three silver, one bronze).
- Left her family and medals when she defected from Romania in 1989.
- Became a U.S. citizen in 2001.
- Dylan Paul Conner — Son
- Adrian Comaneci — Brother
- Bart Conner — Husband
- Stefania-Alexandrina Comaneci — Mother
- Gheorghe Comaneci — Father
- 1. Freeform Pokes Fun at Shadowhunters Fans for Trying to Save the Show
- 2. Matt Damon's Saturday Night Live Monologue Was a Heartfelt Toast to His Family
- 3. Chris Klein Deserves Our Attention Again
- 4. Donald Trump Apparently Did Not Like Saturday Night Live's Cold Open This Week
- 5. Pete Davidson Surfaces on Saturday Night Live After Scary Instagram Post
- 6. Nina Dobrev Is Too Busy to Be on Legacies, but She Loves That You Love It
- 7. Put Some Respect on Chris Tucker's Name