- Wanted to be a comedian since the age of 6.
- Played lacrosse while at Downe House.
- Influences include Eric Morecambe; Tony Hancock; Joyce Grenfell; and French and Saunders.
- First gained notice as a stand-up comedian at Scotland's Edinburgh Festival and on the London circuit.
- Broke through to public acclaim in Britain in 2008 with her old-school BBC comedy series Miranda.
- Supports Comic Relief, where she used to work as a personal assistant to the grants director.
- Transitioned to drama with the BBC/PBS series Call the Midwife.
- 2016, BAFTA Television Awards — Best Female Performance In A Comedy Programme: Nominee
- David Hart Dyke — Father
- Diana Margaret Luce Dyke — Mother
- Alice — Sister
- University of the West of England, Bristol, England (Politics); Attended the Academy of Live and Recorded Arts, Wadsworth, London, England
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Masked Singer: The Best and Worst Guesses About Who's Behind the Final Five Costumes
- 2. This Is Us' Beth Episode Gave Us the First True, Good Cry of the Season
- 3. NCIS' Sean Murray Weighs in on McGee's Surprising Past in '90s Flashback Episode
- 4. Which Umbrella Academy Character Are You?
- 5. Shadowhunters' Matthew Daddario Says Malec Is Heading for Rough Waters
- 6. Miracle Workers' Geraldine Viswanathan Isn't Here For Hollywood Tokenism
- 7. The Bachelor: Colton Is a Messy Bro Who Lives for Drama