- Appeared in more than 30 commercials prior to being cast in The Brady Bunch.
- Was offered the role of Eddie in The Courtship of Eddie's Father at the same time that he was asked to join The Brady Bunch. He chose the Bradys because he thought it would be more fun to be on a TV set with other kids.
- Dyed his hair black for The Brady Bunch.
- Became a big fan of the Grateful Dead after The Brady Bunch went off the air, eventually attending more than 100 of their concerts.
- Started working as a cameraman on such TV series as Promised Land and Everwood.
- Moved on to a non-showbiz career in the late 2000s: making decorative-concrete countertops, vanities and showers.
- A self-described "camping nut"; also an avid skier.
- Scott Michael Lookinland — Son
- Therese — Sister
- Joe Lookinland — Son
- Todd Lookinland — Brother
- Karen Lookinland — Mother
- Paul Lookinland — Father
- Kelly Wermuth — Wife
- Attended University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, United States