With his warm smile, cute canine sidekick (Ricky the Design Dog) and unwavering good taste, Moloney has earned myriad fans as the interior-design guru on the reality series Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. After a decade in the fashion industry, he switched gears in the mid-1990s and opened two high-end stores in California that combined home-design goods with antiques: Le Garage and Maison Luxe. Among his clientele: Goldie Hawn and Candace Bergen. His innate charm and good looks helped land him TV gigs, including appearances on the design shows Christopher Lowell, Next Door With Katie Brown, Designers' Challenge and Clean House. However, it was his work on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition that thrust him and his pet pooch into the spotlight. When not putting together creative interior designs, he has occasionally gone back to his roots in fashion, such as when he cohosted Fashion Wrap on the TV Guide channel, or showed his love for animals when he hosted the canine fashion show Paws for Style.
- Got his start in the fashion industry.
- Founded Le Garage, a store that combines home-design goods and antiques, in Redondo Beach, CA, in the early 1990s; a few years later, he founded the more upscale Maison Luxe in Manhattan Beach, CA.
- In 2006, he hosted Paws for Style, an annual event that showcases dogs dressed in outfits from famous fashion icons to raise money for the Animal Medical Centers in New York and California.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Oscars 2019: Live Updates From the 91st Academy Awards
- 2. Kel Mitchell Confirms He Will Appear in Kenan Thompson's All That Revival
- 3. Marvel's Cloak & Dagger Brings the Mayhem in Official Season 2 Trailer
- 4. The Man in the High Castle Will End With Season 4 and an 'Epic Conclusion'
- 5. Your Guide to All of the Netflix Originals of 2019
- 6. Amazon Prime's March Line-Up Features Hanna, Catastrophe's Final Season and More
- 7. Here's When Arrested Development Returns to Netflix