- Grew up in a family of dancers; both her father and sister were dance teachers.
- Has never danced professionally.
- Started dancing when she was 3 and choreographing at 15.
- Studied dance at New World School of the Arts in Miami.
- Has choreographed dancers for Celine Dion's Las Vegas show A New Day, and for the Cirque du Soleil production Delirium.
- Founded the New York-based dance company R.A.W. (Reality at Work).
- Was rumored to have cancer after shaving her head, though those rumors were dispelled. She said, of her hair, that she "just felt the need to get rid of it."
- 2009, Emmy — Outstanding Choreography: Nominee
- 2007, Emmy — Outstanding Choreography: Winner
- 2003, Emmy — Outstanding Choreography: Nominee
- 2010, Emmy — Outstanding Choreography: Winner
- 2011, Emmy — Outstanding Choreography: Winner
- Joe Michaels — Father
- Ruth Melchiona — Mother
- Dana O’Keefe — Sister
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Best New Shows and Movies on Netflix This Week – She's Gotta Have It, Rim of the World
- 2. Is The Society Renewed for Season 2?
- 3. The Week in Superlatives: Least Expected Burn, Best Kept Secret, and the Randomest Mic Drop
- 4. Adam Levine on Leaving The Voice: 'For Me, It Was Time to Move On'
- 5. Rim of the World Review: Stranger Things Rip-Off Is Dumb, but Watchable
- 6. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Is the Best Indiana Jones Movie
- 7. Go Behind the Scenes of That Andre Flashback Scene in Marvel's Cloak and Dagger