- Grew up in a family of dancers; both her father and sister were dance teachers.
- Has never danced professionally.
- Started dancing when she was 3 and choreographing at 15.
- Studied dance at New World School of the Arts in Miami.
- Has choreographed dancers for Celine Dion's Las Vegas show A New Day, and for the Cirque du Soleil production Delirium.
- Founded the New York-based dance company R.A.W. (Reality at Work).
- Was rumored to have cancer after shaving her head, though those rumors were dispelled. She said, of her hair, that she "just felt the need to get rid of it."
- 2010, Emmy — Outstanding Choreography: Winner
- 2009, Emmy — Outstanding Choreography: Nominee
- 2011, Emmy — Outstanding Choreography: Winner
- 2007, Emmy — Outstanding Choreography: Winner
- 2003, Emmy — Outstanding Choreography: Nominee
- Dana O’Keefe — Sister
- Joe Michaels — Father
- Ruth Melchiona — Mother