- Parents were both teachers; his father, Joseph Taylor, was named the first dean of School of Liberal Arts at Indiana University-Purdue University in 1972.
- Left Florida A&M University before he completed his degree and returned 20 years later to finish it.
- Worked as a radio reporter in Indianapolis after leaving college.
- First acting job was in a national tour of Hair.
- Worked with the Organic Theatre Company and the Goodman Theatre in Chicago.
- 1989, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- Bianca Ferguson — Wife
- Yasmine — Daughter
- Tamar — Daughter
- Esme — Daughter
- Judy — Sister
- Tariq Taylor — Son
- Hertha Taylor — Mother
- Joseph Taylor — Father
- Hussein Taylor — Brother
- Attended Wilmington College, Wilmington, Ohio, United States; Florida A&M University, Tallahassee, Florida, United States (BS in Theatre, 1993)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Nobody Panic: The Office Is Leaving Netflix
- 2. See James Roday and Dulé Hill Hype Up the 'Barely Watchable' Psych: The Movie 2
- 3. Is Bohemian Rhapsody on Netflix?
- 4. Better Things' Pamela Adlon Reveals How Big Changes Behind the Scenes Became a 'Hidden Blessing'
- 5. Dominic Sherwood Books First Post-Shadowhunters Role in Penny Dreadful Spin-Off
- 6. Tom Holland Teamed With Stephen Colbert to Rescue Dogs Because Superheroes Are Real
- 7. How to Watch the First 2020 Democratic Debates