- Parents were both teachers; his father, Joseph Taylor, was named the first dean of School of Liberal Arts at Indiana University-Purdue University in 1972.
- Left Florida A&M University before he completed his degree and returned 20 years later to finish it.
- Worked as a radio reporter in Indianapolis after leaving college.
- First acting job was in a national tour of Hair.
- Worked with the Organic Theatre Company and the Goodman Theatre in Chicago.
- 1989, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- Hussein Taylor — Brother
- Bianca Ferguson — Wife
- Yasmine — Daughter
- Tamar — Daughter
- Esme — Daughter
- Judy — Sister
- Tariq Taylor — Son
- Hertha Taylor — Mother
- Joseph Taylor — Father
- Attended Wilmington College, Wilmington, Ohio, United States; Florida A&M University, Tallahassee, Florida, United States (BS in Theatre, 1993)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Best New Shows and Movies on Netflix This Week – She's Gotta Have It, Rim of the World
- 2. Is The Society Renewed for Season 2?
- 3. The Week in Superlatives: Least Expected Burn, Best Kept Secret, and the Randomest Mic Drop
- 4. Adam Levine on Leaving The Voice: 'For Me, It Was Time to Move On'
- 5. Rim of the World Review: Stranger Things Rip-Off Is Dumb, but Watchable
- 6. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Is the Best Indiana Jones Movie
- 7. Go Behind the Scenes of That Andre Flashback Scene in Marvel's Cloak and Dagger