- Propagated the story that she was born to a Colonial English family in Tasmania, Australia in order to hide her bi-racial parentage, which was a subject of prejudice.
- Performed under the name Queenie Thompson early in her career.
- Was involved in a car accident that left her face scarred in 1937, forcing director Alexander Korda to shut down production on I, Claudius, which was filming at the time.
- Husband cinematographer Lucien Ballard designed an extremely flattering light for her known as the Obie, which is still used today.
- 1935, Oscar — Best Actress: Nominee
- Giorgio Cini — Ex-significant Other
- Bruno Pagliani — Son
- Alexander Korda — Ex-husband
- Robert Wolders — Husband
- Bruno Pagliani — Ex-husband
- Francesca Pagliani — Daughter
- Lucien Ballard — Ex-husband
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Game of Thrones Finale: But Honestly, Bran Actually Will Be the Best Ruler
- 2. All the Ways Game of Thrones Foreshadowed Jon Snow's Fate
- 3. Who Lived and Who Died in the Game of Thrones Series Finale
- 4. Barry Season 2 Finale: Bill Hader Breaks Down Barry's Journey Into Darkness
- 5. Game of Thrones: Here's Who Ended Up on the Iron Throne – Kind Of?
- 6. Game of Thrones Murdered One Last Character in Its Series Finale
- 7. The Westworld Season 3 Trailer Doesn't Even Look Like the Same Damn Show