- Was a champion roller skater between the ages of 7 and 16, taking home bronze medals in national competitions in 1989 and 1990, and winning a silver medal in 1991.
- Voted Western Australia's Teenage Model of the Year in 1992 at the age of 16.
- Acting debut was the role of teenage runaway Angel Brooks on the popular prime-time soap Home and Away; won two Australian Television Industry Logie Awards for her performance.
- Posed topless in the March 1997 issue of Australian Playboy magazine.
- Made her feature-film debut in 1998 with a small role in Alex Proyas' cult classic sci-fi drama Dark City.
- Has appeared in several failed pilots, including Lost in Oz; the TV adaptation of L.A. Confidential; the U.S. version of Coupling; and David Lynch's Mulholland Drive, which then became an acclaimed 2001 film.
- In 2010, was named the new face of L'Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival.
- 1994, Logie Awards — Most Popular New Talent: Winner
- 2012, Logie Awards — Silver Logie for Most Outstanding Actress: Winner
- 2009, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- 2009, Australian Film Institute Awards — International Award for Best Actress: Nominee
- 1995, Logie Awards — Silver Logie for Most Popular Actress: Winner
- Raphaël Blanc — Son
- Solal Samuel Glenn Blanc — Son
- Taryn Fiebig — Cousin
- Russell Simmons — Ex-significant Other
- Jean-David Blanc — Ex-significant Other
- Glenn George — Father
- Pamela George — Mother
- Marnie George — Sister
- Brett George — Brother
- Claudio Dabed — Ex-husband
- Steve Bastoni — Ex-significant Other
- Kate George — Sister