- Was exposed to recorded music by her mother, who didn't sing herself out of fear that she was tone deaf.
- Pursued opera in her youth, but gave it up in favor of theater.
- Made her Broadway debut as Glinda in the musical Wicked in 2005.
- Was a member of the original cast of the stage musical adaptation of 9 to 5 in 2008.
- Had her own coffee and tea line through Net Worth Coffee Brokers in 2009.
- 2016, Tony — Actress (Featured Role--Play): Nominee
- Viola Philomena Gallagher — Daughter
- Donna Hilty — Mother
- Ronan Laine Gallagher — Son
- Jack Hilty — Father
- Brian Gallagher — Husband
- Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States (BFA in Acting/Music Theatre, 2004)
- 1. Alias' Jennifer Garner and J.J. Abrams Are Reuniting for an Apple Series
- 2. Grey's Anatomy: Here's Our Best Guess for Who Jennifer Grey Will Play in Season 15
- 3. Maybe South Park Should Stick With Standalone Episodes Next Season
- 4. Star Trek: Discovery: Spock Sees the Future in New Season 2 Trailer, and It's Not Great
- 5. Lin-Manuel Miranda, Who Wrote a Few Songs in Moana, Does Billy on the Street
- 6. Taylor Swift's Reputation Tour Is Coming to Netflix on New Year's Eve
- 7. Marvel's Runaways: Alex Will Confront His Own Privilege in Season 2