- Was exposed to recorded music by her mother, who didn't sing herself out of fear that she was tone deaf.
- Pursued opera in her youth, but gave it up in favor of theater.
- Made her Broadway debut as Glinda in the musical Wicked in 2005.
- Was a member of the original cast of the stage musical adaptation of 9 to 5 in 2008.
- Had her own coffee and tea line through Net Worth Coffee Brokers in 2009.
- 2016, Tony — Actress (Featured Role--Play): Nominee
- Jack Hilty — Father
- Viola Philomena Gallagher — Daughter
- Brian Gallagher — Husband
- Ronan Laine Gallagher — Son
- Donna Hilty — Mother
- Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States (BFA in Acting/Music Theatre, 2004)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Melissa Benoist Will Direct an Episode of Supergirl in Season 5
- 2. Big Brother Vet Audrey Middleton Accuses Show of Exploiting Marginalized People Amid Racism Scandal
- 3. Angela Tells Pope She's 'Cool' With the Family Business in Animal Kingdom Exclusive Clip
- 4. Love Island's First Couples Challenge Shows Love Is Blind
- 5. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Defends Game of Thrones Writers After Season 8 Backlash
- 6. Veronica Mars Review: Hulu Revival Is Great Fun Until It's Not
- 7. The Loudest Voice Recap: Episode 3's Sexual Assault Scene Is Grotesque and Gratuitous