- Is half Italian and half Jewish.
- Birth name was Max Deitch, but took his mother's maiden name when he became an actor.
- Went to the same high school as Matt Damon, Ben Affleck and Casey Affleck, and studied drama with the same teacher.
- Auditioned for the 1994 biopic Ed Wood, was hired by director Tim Burton and began shooting all in the same day.
- Played actor Paul Marco in Ed Wood; the real Marco tried to evict him from his on-set trailer because the actors had their character names on the doors, leading Marco to believe Casella had taken his dressing room.
- In 1997, played Timon in the original Broadway production of The Lion King.
- Starred with Richard Thomas in a 2011 production of Shakespeare's Timon of Athens at New York's Public Theater.
- 2006, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Gioia Casella — Daughter
- Lorenzo Deitch — Brother
- David Deitch — Father
- Mia Casella — Daughter
- Doris Casella — Mother
- Leona Casella — Wife
- Attended American Academy of Dramatic Arts, New York, New York, United States
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. 10 Spooky Shows to Stream for Halloween Screams
- 2. Castle Rock Season 2 Boss on Crafting the Origin Story for Misery's Annie Wilkes
- 3. Holiday Gift Ideas for Fans of Star Wars, Marvel, Game of Thrones, and More
- 4. Curtis Returns in New Arrow Season 8 Photos
- 5. Evil Sam Winchester: A Supernatural Retrospective
- 6. How to Watch Hocus Pocus This Halloween Season
- 7. Here's Your Essential Star Wars Holiday Gift Guide