- As a kid, attended Ukrainian school every Saturday.
- Joined Greg Allen's Neo-Futurist theater group in 1993, and wrote solo and ensemble performances; appeared in the ensemble's Too Much Light Makes the Baby Go Blind for several years.
- Made a name for herself in Chicago theater by appearing in productions at Steppenwolf, Goodman and Victory Gardens theaters.
- Made big screen debut in the 1999 supernatural mystery Stir of Echoes.
- Wrote and performed the solo show Too Busy to Be Famous, about her struggles to find fame, in 2000.
- Big break came in 2004 playing opposite Adam Sandler in 50 First Dates.
- Had a recurring role as a Russian math teacher on Nickelodeon's Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide.
- In 2007 wrote and performed the solo stage show It Ain't No Fairy Tale, based on the lives of her Ukrainian parents, as well as her own.
- Nicholas Strus — Father
- Eugenia Strus — Mother
- Illinois State University, Normal,Illinois, United States (BS in Theater, 1991)
- 1. Nina Dobrev Is Too Busy to Be on Legacies, but She Loves That You Love It
- 2. Put Some Respect on Chris Tucker's Name
- 3. Where All the People from Netflix's The Innocent Man Are Now
- 4. A Plea to Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Season 2: More Witchcraft, Less Romance
- 5. Rufus Lives in the Timeless Series Finale Trailer!
- 6. 4 Theories about the Gargoyle King on Riverdale That Sound Pretty Legit
- 7. 23 Easter Eggs in the Arrowverse 'Elseworlds' Crossover You May Have Missed