- Won a scholarship to The London Studio Centre at age 17.
- Performed on stage opposite Boy George in the play Taboo.
- Capped eight years in the UK theater with roles in Small Change and Piaf at London's Donmar Warehouse, where he caught the eye of casting directors to launch his U.S. film career.
- Lost 30 pounds and five inches off his waist while training to play Zeus in Immortals, his second role as a Greek god (Apollo in Clash of the Titans).
- Worked with Matthew Macfadyen in both Robin Hood and The Three Musketeers.
- Auditioned for the role of Jason Bourne in The Bourne Legacy.
- Picked up a violin for the first time while training to play the title character in Vivaldi.
- Yvonne Evans — Mother
- David Evans — Father
- The London Studio Centre, London, England (2000)