- Grandparents were ballroom dancers.
- Began studying dance at age 10, as his parents felt it would help him socialize.
- Won a gold metals at the World Latin Dance Championships in 1994, 1995, and 1996.
- Founded the nationally touring dance companies VanDance, LLC and Visionworx.
- Directed, choreographed and performed in Latin Fusion, a Broadway dance production in New York City.
- Trains with legendary dance instructor Dr. Ruud Vermeij.
- On Dancing With the Stars, was paired with celebs like Trista Sutter, Lisa Rinna, Monique Coleman and Priscilla Presley.
- Serves as Creative Director and Choreographer for the Dancing With the Stars tour.
- Released an eight-DVD set, Learn to Dance Like the Stars: Let's Dance—Beginner to Ballroom Pro.
- Has an active wear clothing line called LVA.
- 2007, Emmy — Outstanding Choreography: Nominee
- Joshua Lancaster — Husband