- Was the youngest of 11 children.
- Was employed full-time as a school counselor, specializing in helping troubled kids, before pursuing a comedy career.
- Won first place at the 1981 Midwest Comedy Competition.
- Got his big break appearing on The Tonight Show in 1984.
- Won two Daytime Emmys for his 1990s animated series, Life With Louie.
- Has written books focusing on the difficulties of growing up overweight and with an alcoholic father, including Dear Dad—Letters From an Adult Child, Good-bye Jumbo...Hello Cruel World, and The F Word: How to Survive Your Family.
- Was extorted by an Arizona man, whom Anderson helped convict by cooperating with the FBI on a sting operation.
- Cofounded H.E.R.O., a charity organization devoted to helping homeless people get back on their feet.
- 2016, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series: Winner
- 2018, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2016, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series: Winner
- 2017, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- Ora Anderson — Mother
- Jim Anderson — Brother
- Louie Anderson — Father
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Bachelorette Men Tell All Recap: Lukey, You Have Some 'Splaining to Do
- 2. Love Island Recap: The Villa Welcomes 6 New Sexy Singles
- 3. The Cast of Criminal Minds Promises Answers After J.J.'s Finale Revelation
- 4. Follow the Love Island Cast on Instagram
- 5. Bellamy Delivers a Low Blow to Octavia in This Tense The 100 Sneak Peek
- 6. Netflix's Another Life Review: Katee Sackhoff's Return to Space Is Derivative Disappointment
- 7. Tina Majorino Says She Turned Down Veronica Mars Season 4 Due to Mac's 'Diminished Value'