- Began playing cello as a child; enrolled at Juilliard on a scholarship in her mid-teens, around which time she performed with orchestras.
- Worked as a fashion model prior to her 1982 television debut, which saw her portray a model in the made-for-TV movie Born Beautiful.
- Played a young cellist on the popular 1980s TV drama Fame.
- Made her big-screen debut as the female lead in the 1984 hit Footloose.
- A multiyear participant in the annual "Artists vs. Writers" charity softball game held in East Hampton, NY.
- 1986, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Female Lead: Nominee
- Jacques Singer — Father
- Richard Emery — Ex-husband
- Leslie Singer — Mother
- Jacques Rio Emery — Son
- Gregory Singer — Brother
- Claude Singer — Brother
- Bryan Singer — Cousin
- Marc Singer — Brother
- The Juilliard School, New York, New York, United States
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Here's Who Fear the Walking Dead Stars Would Like to Meet in a Walking Dead Crossover
- 2. What Netflix Got Right and Wrong About Its Neon Genesis Evangelion Release
- 3. The Best Shows of 2019 (So Far)
- 4. Nicole Kidman's Youngest Daughter Spotted on Big Little Lies
- 5. Here's When Mayans M.C. Season 2 Premieres
- 6. Fox Fall 2019 Premiere Dates Finally Revealed
- 7. American Horror Story: 1984 Sets Premiere Date