- Was the runner-up in the Miss Minnesota pageant at the age of 18.
- Taught high school for a short time before pursuing an acting career.
- Agreed to take the role of Jennifer Marlowe on WKRP in Cincinnati on the condition that she be allowed to play her as "a bright, sensitive, together woman" rather than a dumb blonde.
- Wrote, with Larkin Warren, her autobiography, My Life in High Heels, in 1995.
- Works to raise awareness of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease; both of her parents died from smoking-related illnesses.
- Married musician Bob Flick on May 17, 2008, the 45th anniversary of the day they met.
- 1980, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- 1982, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1981, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy or Variety or Music Series: Nominee
- 1981, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1980, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy or Variety or Music Series: Nominee
- Andrea Anderson — Sister
- Bruce Hasselberg — Ex-husband
- Burt Reynolds — Ex-husband
- Maxine Anderson — Mother
- Klaydon Anderson — Father
- Quinton Reynolds — Son
- Ross Bickell — Ex-husband
- Deidra Hoffman — Daughter
- Bob Flick — Husband
- Attended University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
- 1. Doctor Who Gets Deadly in the First Trailer for the New Year's Special
- 2. Here's How The Ranch Handled Danny Masterson's Exit
- 3. Brooklyn Nine-Nine Gets Into the Christmas Spirit with Some Die Hard Action in New Trailer
- 4. The First Umbrella Academy Trailer Teases a Stylish End to the World
- 5. Saturday Night Live Got Jason Momoa Back in Khal Drogo's Wig
- 6. The 100's Eliza Taylor and Bob Morley Reflect on Clarke and Bellamy's Toughest Moments So Far
- 7. TV Guide's Arrowverse Crossover HQ: Elseworlds Broken Down