- Made her acting debut at 12 in a Westport, CT, production of Flibbertigibbet.
- Originally planned to be a stage director because she thought her small stature would limit acting opportunities.
- First TV appearance was in a 1978 Hallmark Hall of Fame presentation of Arthur Miller's Fame, in a role the playwright created with Hunt in mind.
- Big-screen debut came with Robert Altman's live-action Popeye (1980).
- Was the first actor to win an Oscar for playing someone of the opposite sex, for her role as Billy Kwan in The Year of Living Dangerously (1982).
- Won Obie awards for her performances in the plays Top Girls and A Metamorphosis in Miniature.
- Frequent voice-over work has included narrating the popular God of War video game series, as well as providing the voice of Management on HBO's Carnivale.
- 1984, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 1983, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Winner
- 1984, Tony — Actress (Play): Nominee
- 1983, Australian Film Institute Awards — Jury Prize: Winner
- Elsie Hunt — Mother
- Marcia — Sister
- Raymond Davy Hunt — Father
- Karen Kline — Significant Other
- DePaul University, The Theatre School, Chicago, Illinois, United States (BFA in Acting, 1966)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. Hey Hollywood, There Are Other Black Colleges Besides Howard
- 2. Rel Co-Creator Kevin Barnett Dies While on Vacation in Mexico
- 3. Demi's Sociopathic Edit Is the Highlight of The Bachelor So Far
- 4. Kerry Washington Heads to Netflix for American Son
- 5. Here's When The Expanse Season 3 Heads to Amazon Prime Video
- 6. Chicago Fire's Gentle Human Mouch Blows Up at Otis in a Jarring Sneak Peek
- 7. Where to Stream This Year's Oscar-Nominated Films