- Began skating at age 6.
- Captured gold in both ladies' singles and pairs at the 1988 World Junior Championships.
- Skated pairs with Rudy Galindo until 1991, the year she was first crowned World Professional Figure Skating Champion.
- Won a gold medal at the 1992 Albertville Olympic Games, where she also met her husband, NHL defenseman Bret Hedican.
- Was one of the original celebrities photographed by Annie Leibovitz for the Got Milk? milk-mustache campaign.
- Wrote the autobiography Always Dream (1997), and coauthored 1998's Figure Skating for Dummies.
- Won Season 6 of ABC's Dancing With the Stars with partner Mark Ballas.
- Worked with NBC as a special correspondent for the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver and the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia.
- Has been inducted into the World Skating Hall of Fame and the U.S. Olympic Hall of Fame.
- Bret Hedican — Husband
- Lori Yamaguchi — Sister
- Jim Yamaguchi — Father
- Keara Kyomi Hedican — Daughter
- Emma Yoshiko Hedican — Daughter
- Carole Yamaguchi — Mother
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Loudest Voice Episode 4 Recap: Roger Ailes Kidnaps His Mistress
- 2. Fear the Walking Dead Isn't Making a Lot of Sense Right Now
- 3. Riverdale Casts Shannen Doherty for Special Tribute to Luke Perry
- 4. Gone Baby Gone! Supernatural Stars Give an Impala Away to Fan at San Diego Comic-Con
- 5. Big Brother Producer Addresses Bullying Accusations
- 6. Wax Nostalgic with These Cobra Kai Cast Portraits from San Diego Comic-Con
- 7. Watch the Veronica Mars Cast Struggle to Remember Who Said These Quotes