A handsome actress who got her start on Canadian television while still a teen, Rowan moved to Hollywood in 1990. Never at a loss for work, she starred in myriad TV-movies (many of them on Lifetime) and occasionally popped up on the big screen in small roles (Assassins, One Eight Seven). In the 2000s the prolific blonde finally made her mark on The O.C. as the Cohen clan's alcoholic matriarch. Rowan gave birth to a daughter in 2008 (the father is her former fiancé, media mogul David Thomson) and has continued to make guest appearances on shows such as CSI: Miami and Flashpoint.
- Studied acting at the British American Drama Academy in London and the Neighborhood Playhouse School of the Theatre in New York.
- Worked as a fashion model in New York.
- Won a Gemini Award, the Canadian equivalent of an Emmy, for her performance as a mysterious shipwreck survivor in the 1993 TV-movie Adrift.
- Was the executive producer and star of the 2006 Lifetime movie Eight Days to Live.
- Gave birth to a daughter on April 28, 2008.
- David Thomson — Ex-fiancé
- Attended University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. Anthony Scaramucci Hopes Celebrity Big Brother Run Is Longer Than White House Job
- 2. The Bachelor Is a Beautiful Monster with a Tank of Rage
- 3. The Passage's Henry Ian Cusick Hints at Dark Dreams to Come for Dr. Lear
- 4. The Other Two Is the Sweetest Take on Showbiz Satires
- 5. Supernatural's Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki Tease 300th Episode
- 6. Burned by the Fyre Festival, Restaurant Owner in Netflix Doc Raises $135,000 in a Week
- 7. When Is Super Bowl LIII?