- At age 17, she began modeling in Minneapolis; two years later she moved to Los Angeles, where she found stage roles.
- Made film debut in the 2001 Kevin Costner caper movie 3000 Miles to Graceland.
- Appeared on Maxim's Hot List in 2005 and 2007
- Had the female lead in the 2006 action adventure flick The Marine and costarred in the 2008 Patrick Dempsey romantic comedy Made of Honor.
- Has served as a spokeswoman for the Smile Network, a humanitarian organization that provides reconstructive surgery and other health-care services for children and young adults in third-world countries.
- Is an accomplished equestrian.
- 1. Freeform Pokes Fun at Shadowhunters Fans for Trying to Save the Show
- 2. Matt Damon's Saturday Night Live Monologue Was a Heartfelt Toast to His Family
- 3. Chris Klein Deserves Our Attention Again
- 4. Donald Trump Apparently Did Not Like Saturday Night Live's Cold Open This Week
- 5. Pete Davidson Surfaces on Saturday Night Live After Scary Instagram Post
- 6. Nina Dobrev Is Too Busy to Be on Legacies, but She Loves That You Love It
- 7. Put Some Respect on Chris Tucker's Name