- Graduated cum laude from The Boston Conservatory.
- Earned an NAACP Image Award nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for her work on the CW series Girlfriends in 2008.
- Made her directorial debut in 2012, helming an episode of the third and final season of the TBS sitcom Are We There Yet?, a series she also had a regular role in.
- Enjoys boxing and is an avid health advocate.
- Brad Sharp — Husband
- Solomon — Son
- Boston Conservatory, Boston, Massachusetts, United States (BFA in Theater, 1996)