- While in high school, she got an agent and landed the second role she ever auditioned for: a new Canadian sitcom. However, after filming the pilot episode, the series never got picked up by a network.
- Studied art history in college.
- Made her TV debut by guest starring on Fringe.
- Correctly guessed who murdered the character she played on the series The Killing.
- Was allowed to infuse her character on The Killing with some of her own self-described "dorky" qualities.
- Attended Simon Fraser University, British Columbia, Canada