As a child, this fetching performer toured the country with her family in a gospel outfit called Morris Code. Perhaps this early showbiz experience taught Morris the patience she needed to wait for her big break. Although she worked consistently on both the big and small screens throughout the 1990s, she kept waiting for her breakthrough role. Whether debuting in the Vanilla Ice vehicle Cool as Ice, appearing as a psychiatric patient in the Oscar-winning As Good as It Gets, guest starring on hit shows such as Xena or suffering through nine failed TV pilots, Morris was one of the legions of working no-name actors. While her role in A.I. Artificial Intelligence was deleted, director Steven Spielberg cast her as Tom Cruise's estranged wife in his next feature, 2002's Minority Report. The next year, the lithe beauty finally hit it big as a committed detective on the popular drama Cold Case. In her spare time, Morris supports the charity Toys for Tots.
- Performed gospel music as a child with her family members in a group called Morris Code.
- Has starred in numerous theatrical productions, including Lovers and Other Strangers, Waiting for Lefty, The Fantasticks and Crimes of the Heart.
- Made her big-screen debut in the critically panned Vanilla Ice vehicle Cool as Ice.
- Had her scenes in Steven Spielberg's A.I. Artificial Intelligence cut in the editing process, but did make it to the screen in Spielberg's Minority Report, playing Tom Cruise's wife.
- As of 2006, she has worked with director Rod Laurie four times: Deterrence (1999), The Contender (2000), Resurrecting the Champ (2007) and The Last Castle (2001), although her scenes in the latter film were ultimately deleted.
- Appeared in nine failed television pilots before finding success with her 10th, Cold Case.
- Rode along with on-duty Philadelphia detectives while researching her Cold Case role.
- Supports the charity Toys for Tots.
- David Barrett — Ex-significant Other
- Johnny Messner — Significant Other
- Jameson West Messner — Son
- Rocco McQueen Messner — Son
- Randy Hamilton — Ex-fiancé
- Attended Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Blacklist Got Unexpectedly Political With a Next-Level-Weird Male Pregnancy Plot
- 2. Batwoman's Meagan Tandy Talks Sophie's 'Conflicted' Feelings for Kate
- 3. That Hawaii Five-O and Magnum P.I. Crossover We Waited for Is Finally Happening
- 4. How to Watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2019
- 5. The First Crisis on Infinite Earths Arrowverse Crossover Photos Are Here
- 6. Disney Plus Promises to Fix the The Simpsons Cropping Issue
- 7. A Million Little Things' Romany Malco Hopes Rome Eases Stigmas About Men with Depression