- Was inspired to follow a career in performance after attending a Lady Gaga "Born This Way"-themed ball at her school.
- Began her film career in 2015, a year after graduating high school, when she was cast in Imperfect Quadrant.
- Was accepted into the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts, one of Australia's most prestigious drama schools, but turned them down after receiving a professional film offer.
- Spent much of her early career admittedly avoiding social media, but considered opening up after filming 13 Reasons Why.
- Developed a passion as an advocate against cyber-bullying after working on 13 Reasons Why.
- 2018, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama: Nominee