A complete novice when she burst onto the Hollywood scene as a teen, Bosworth won a supporting role in Robert Redford's 1998 drama The Horse Whisperer because of her equestrian background. It took a few more projects and four more years before she landed the breakout role of a spunky surfer in Blue Crush, charming critics with her spirited performance. While gaining credibility in indie films (as a porn star's underage lover in Wonderland) she also courted the teen set in the romantic comedy Win a Date with Tad Hamilton! Her star got a big boost when she snagged the part of Lois Lane in the highly anticipated Superman Returns, and had her image splashed globally in ads for Calvin Klein jeans.
- Has one brown eye and one blue.
- Played soccer and lacrosse in high school.
- Was a champion equestrian as a teen, which led her to audition for The Horse Whisperer.
- Portrayed Sandra Dee opposite Kevin Spacey's Bobby Darin in the 2004 biopic Beyond the Sea. She worked with the actor two years later playing Lois Lane to his Lex Luthor in Superman Returns, and again in the 2008 Las Vegas gambling drama 21.
- Featured in a worldwide Calvin Klein jeans ad campaign in spring 2008.
- James Rousseau — Ex-significant Other
- Alexander Skarsgård — Ex-significant Other
- Matt Czuchry — Ex-significant Other
- Patricia Bosworth — Mother
- Hal Bosworth — Father
- Orlando Bloom — Ex-significant Other
- Michael Polish — Husband
Quiz: What Should You Binge Next on Netflix?
Skip the endless scroll! Find out what you really want to watch.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. We Demand Justice for Old Knight, The OA's Telepathic Octopus
- 2. The Best Romance Shows and Movies to Stream on Netflix Right Now
- 3. What's Fact and Fiction in Netflix's Mötley Crüe Biopic The Dirt?
- 4. The Blacklist Gets the Band Back Together
- 5. Patricia Arquette's Kids Didn't Want Her to Star in Hulu's True Crime Story The Act
- 6. Queer Eye's Karamo Brown Reveals How He Gets That Emotional Breakthrough With Each 'Hero'
- 7. Aidy Bryant Takes Us Behind Filming Shrill's Empowering Fat Babe Pool Party