- Began taking college courses at the age of 16, only to drop out to pursue acting.
- Wrote the songs "Memphis" and "Rolling Stone," which she sang in character as Connie White in the 1975 film Nashville.
- Known to fans of punk-glam rock through the band called the Voluptuous Horror of Karen Black, fronted by Kembra Pfahler.
- Debuted as a playwright with 2007's Missouri Waltz, in which she also starred.
- Belongs to the Church of Scientology with her fourth husband, Stephen.
- 1976, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama: Nominee
- 1970, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 1971, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Winner
- 1975, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Winner
- Celine Eckelberry — Daughter
- Hunter Carson — Son
- Charles Black — Ex-husband
- L.M. Kit Carson — Ex-husband
- Stephen Eckelberry — Husband
- Norman Arthur Ziegler — Father
- Robert Burton — Ex-husband
- Arthur Charles Ziegler — Grandfather
- Elsie Reif — Mother
- Attended Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, United States
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Here's When The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Arrives on Netflix
- 2. Black Mirror Season 5 Episode Trailers and Storylines Finally Revealed
- 3. George R.R. Martin Teases Whether He's Keeping Game of Thrones' Ending for the Books
- 4. Good Omens Review: Demonic David Tennant Saves the World (and the Show) From Disaster
- 5. Sansa's Coronation Gown on Game of Thrones Pays Tribute to Another Queen
- 6. Downton Abbey Movie Trailer Teases a Visit from the King and Queen
- 7. Daenerys Got the Game of Thrones Ending She Deserved