- Studied acting at the Eubie Blake Theater in New York City.
- TV debut was on the 1981 ABC after-school special Color of Friendship.
- First regular TV role was on the NBC comedy Different World, which ran 1987-93.
- Has won several NAACP Image Awards.
- Was the inspiration behind ex-wife Chanté Moore's 1999 hit song "Chanté's Got a Man."
- Chanté Moore — Ex-wife
- Sophia Milan Hardison — Daughter
- Donald McFadden — Father
- Bethann Hardison — Mother
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Bachelorette's JoJo and Jordan Talk Wedding Plans and Their New Show Cash Pad
- 2. Big Little Lies Season 2 Finale Recap: The Truth Comes Out
- 3. The Loudest Voice Episode 4 Recap: Roger Ailes Kidnaps His Mistress
- 4. Fear the Walking Dead Isn't Making a Lot of Sense Right Now
- 5. Riverdale Casts Shannen Doherty for Special Tribute to Luke Perry
- 6. Gone Baby Gone! Supernatural Stars Give an Impala Away to Fan at San Diego Comic-Con
- 7. Big Brother Producer Addresses Bullying Accusations