- Appeared in a number of theatrical productions starting when she was 11.
- Bitten by the acting bug when younger brother, Jason, joined the cast of Little House on the Prairie during the show's final season; signed with her brother's agency and landed roles in commercials at the age of 15.
- Originally read for a small role in the pilot of Family Ties and was then asked to audition for the part of underachiever Mallory Keaton, which she ultimately landed.
- Forayed into professional theater in 1984 in the drama Journey to the Day, playing a suicidal woman in a mental institution. Brother Jason was also in the cast, and their father, Kent Bateman, directed the play.
- Taught acting classes and directed a play at Otis Parson's in downtown L.A. during the summer of 1986.
- In a November 9, 1996, article of TV GUIDE magazine, discussed her struggles with eating disorders during Family Ties and how she was able to overcome them.
- An avid knitter, she took a break from acting and founded Justine Bateman Design in 2000.
- Sold a script to the Disney Channel sitcom Wizards of Waverly Place in 2008.
- In 2008, appeared before a U.S. Senate committee hearing promoting "net neutrality" of the Internet.
- Is a licensed pilot and certified scuba instructor .
- Served on the National Board of Directors on the Screen Actors Guild.
- 1987, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 1986, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 1987, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- Mark Fluent — Husband
- Leif Garrett — Ex-significant Other
- Jason Bateman — Brother
- Duke Kenneth Fluent — Son
- Victoria Bateman — Mother
- Kent Bateman — Father
- Olivia Fluent — Daughter
- Attends University of California, Los Angeles, California, United States
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Sebastian Stan and Anthony Mackie Address Captain America's Absence in The Falcon and The Winter Soldier
- 2. Aaron Paul's Breaking Bad Movie, El Camino, Has a Premiere Date and Teaser Trailer
- 3. Frozen II: Evan Rachel Wood to Voice Anna and Elsa's Mother
- 4. Who Are the Eternals? An Introduction to Marvel's Newest Superheroes
- 5. Disney Channel Announces Marvel's Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur at D23 Expo
- 6. Here's Your First Look at Emma Stone in Disney's Cruella
- 7. Marvel Reveals More Cast Members for The Eternals at D23 Expo