After an auspicious film debut as a helpful geek in the 1999 sci-fi comedy Galaxy Quest, Long came to prominence as an awkward adolescent on the dramedy Ed. On the big screen, he popped up in teen-oriented fare (the Jeepers Creepers horror flicks) and played boyfriend to two pop queens: Britney Spears in Crossroads and Lindsay Lohan in Herbie: Fully Loaded. But he also cracked up older audiences in Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story, which prompted costar Vince Vaughn to cast the up-and-comer in 2006's The Break-Up. Long has also tackled blockbusters, like 2007's Live Free or Die Hard, and mature romantic comedy, including 2009's He's Just Not That Into You, in which he costarred with on-again, off-again love interest Drew Barrymore.
- Performed with the Vassar College comedy group Laughingstock.
- Made big screen debut as a sci-fi geek in 1999's Galaxy Quest.
- Gave Britney Spears her first on-screen kiss in the 2002 film Crossroads.
- Known as the cool Mac in Apple computer ads.
- Made his Broadway debut in the play Seminar (2012) as a replacement for Hamish Linklater.
- Christian Long — Brother
- Drew Barrymore — Ex-significant Other
- R. James Long — Father
- Wendy Long — Mother
- Damian Long — Brother
- Amanda Seyfried — Ex-significant Other
- Vassar College, Poughkeepsie, New York, United States (2000)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Prodigal Son Stars Preview Fox's Dark but Fun Serial Killer Procedural
- 2. Tommy Shelby Has Another War on His Hands in the Peaky Blinders Season 5 Trailer
- 3. Chuck Lorre's Bob Hearts Abishola Is a Love Story That Crosses Boundaries
- 4. American Horror Story: A Definitive Timeline
- 5. It Will Be a Miracle If Brooke Survives the Entire American Horror Story: 1984 Season
- 6. Big Brother 21: Cliff Hogg Just Made a $500,000 Mistake (and It'll Cost Nicole, Too)
- 7. All Hail Demi and Kristian, the Queens of Bachelor in Paradise