After an auspicious film debut as a helpful geek in the 1999 sci-fi comedy Galaxy Quest, Long came to prominence as an awkward adolescent on the dramedy Ed. On the big screen, he popped up in teen-oriented fare (the Jeepers Creepers horror flicks) and played boyfriend to two pop queens: Britney Spears in Crossroads and Lindsay Lohan in Herbie: Fully Loaded. But he also cracked up older audiences in Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story, which prompted costar Vince Vaughn to cast the up-and-comer in 2006's The Break-Up. Long has also tackled blockbusters, like 2007's Live Free or Die Hard, and mature romantic comedy, including 2009's He's Just Not That Into You, in which he costarred with on-again, off-again love interest Drew Barrymore.
- Performed with the Vassar College comedy group Laughingstock.
- Made big screen debut as a sci-fi geek in 1999's Galaxy Quest.
- Gave Britney Spears her first on-screen kiss in the 2002 film Crossroads.
- Known as the cool Mac in Apple computer ads.
- Made his Broadway debut in the play Seminar (2012) as a replacement for Hamish Linklater.
- Amanda Seyfried — Ex-significant Other
- Damian Long — Brother
- R. James Long — Father
- Christian Long — Brother
- Wendy Long — Mother
- Drew Barrymore — Ex-significant Other
- Vassar College, Poughkeepsie, New York, United States (2000)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Literally Nothing Can Stop Us From Watching This Suits Pilot Special
- 2. The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Review: Puppets Are Still Cool
- 3. Watch Kirsten Dunst Struggle to Tell Which Florida News Stories Are Real or Fake
- 4. Sarah Michelle Gellar's Next Potential TV Series Is Giving Us Big Little Lies Vibes
- 5. Bette and Shane Share a Tender Moment in The L Word: Generation Q Trailer
- 6. Michonne Looks Fierce in Poster for Danai Gurira's Final The Walking Dead Season
- 7. A Gilmore Girls Alum Is Heading to The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Season 3