- Began performing with the Atlanta Boy Choir at age 4 and later sang with the Archdiocesan Boy Choir of Philadelphia.
- Performed with the a capella group Midnight Voices in high school.
- Lettered in track and volleyball in high school.
- His father is a first cousin of Samuel L. Jackson's wife, LaTanya Richardson.
- His mother was once a CNN anchor.
- Prior to competing on American Idol, he sold burglar alarms door to door for ADT.
- Was runner-up to Kelly Clarkson on the first season of Idol.
- In June 2003, released his self-titled debut album and made his first big-screen appearance in From Justin to Kelly.
- Eldrin Bell — Father
- Kathy Pepino — Mother
- Jerry Guraini — Stepfather
- Reina Capodici — Wife
- Lola — Stepdaughter
- William Neko Bell Guarini — Son
- Asher Guarini — Son
- Attended University of the Arts, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States; attended School for Film and Television, New York, New York, United States
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Everything We Know About the 2019 Primetime Emmy Awards
- 2. Creative Arts Emmys 2019: Complete Winners List
- 3. Rest Easy, Friends Fans, A Reboot Is Never Happening
- 4. I Watched All of Netflix's Abysmally Bad The I-Land So You Don't Have To
- 5. James Spader Reveals What Made Him Decide to Do The Blacklist
- 6. First Teaser for Supernatural's Final Season Marks The Woman in White's Return
- 7. Felicity Huffman Sentenced to Two Weeks in Jail For College Cheating Scandal