- Began performing with the Atlanta Boy Choir at age 4 and later sang with the Archdiocesan Boy Choir of Philadelphia.
- Performed with the a capella group Midnight Voices in high school.
- Lettered in track and volleyball in high school.
- His father is a first cousin of Samuel L. Jackson's wife, LaTanya Richardson.
- His mother was once a CNN anchor.
- Prior to competing on American Idol, he sold burglar alarms door to door for ADT.
- Was runner-up to Kelly Clarkson on the first season of Idol.
- In June 2003, released his self-titled debut album and made his first big-screen appearance in From Justin to Kelly.
- Eldrin Bell — Father
- Jerry Guraini — Stepfather
- Reina Capodici — Wife
- Lola — Stepdaughter
- William Neko Bell Guarini — Son
- Asher Guarini — Son
- Kathy Pepino — Mother
- Attended University of the Arts, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States; attended School for Film and Television, New York, New York, United States
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. How Michael Kelly Was Able to Finally Say Goodbye to House of Cards' Doug Stamper
- 2. Peter Fonda, Star of Easy Rider, Dead at 79
- 3. Here's What's Coming to Amazon in September
- 4. How To Watch the 2019 Emmy Nominated Shows Without A Cable Subscription
- 5. These Are the Real-Life Murderers of Mindhunter Season 2
- 6. Silicon Valley's Final Season Now Has a Premiere Date and a Trailer
- 7. Behold! Our Totally Reasonable Wish List for Gallavich in Shameless Season 10