- Studied at the Cleveland Play House and the HB Studio in New York.
- Made her Broadway debut as a replacement in Gypsy, opposite Ethel Merman, in 1960.
- Her late husband, Charles Kakatsakis, was an acting coach.
- First worked with Alexander Payne on his film About Schmidt (2002) before landing her breakout role in Nebraska (2013).
- 2014, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2014, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Supporting Female: Nominee
- 2013, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 2013, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 2014, Critics' Choice Movie Awards — Best Supporting Actress: Nominee
- JoyBelle Squibb — Mother
- Harry Kakatsakis — Son
- Lewis Squibb — Father
- Charles Kakatsakis — Husband (deceased)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Why Women Kill Renewed for Season 2 on CBS All Access
- 2. A Car Spotted on the Stranger Things 4 Set Might Confirm a Huge Fan Theory
- 3. Here's What's Coming to Amazon in November
- 4. NBC Pulls Sunnyside and Moves Up Will & Grace Season 11 Premiere Date
- 5. Arrow's Stephen Amell Reacts to Tommy Merlyn's Shocking Reveal in Season 8 Premiere
- 6. It Turns Out, The Flash's Grant Gustin Is a Total Heroes Fanboy
- 7. Justice for John Leguizamo's House of Buggin', the '90s Latinx Comedy Ahead of Its Time