- Studied classical piano, ballet and various forms of dance, beginning at an early age.
- Graduated high school and became a prima ballerina for the Los Angeles Opera at age 15.
- Reportedly has an I.Q. of 135.
- Scored a 99 on her entrance exam for UCLA, but attended the school for only six weeks before going to work for Universal Studios as a choreographer, teacher and dance double.
- Appeared in gold body paint (and a bikini) at age 17 for her role in 1953's Serpent of the Nile.
- Landed first Broadway role at age 19 as a ballerina in Silk Stockings.
- Appeared in the Broadway and film productions of Li'l Abner (1956 and '59) and The Marriage-Go-Round (1958 and '60); won a Tony Award for Best Supporting Actress for The Marriage-Go-Round.
- Had her legs insured for $1 million.
- Became the first to play Catwoman in the Batman series in 1966 at the urging of her brother, a Batman fan and Harvard fellow in Physics.
- Posed for Playboy magazine in 1968 and 1969.
- Holds three U.S. patents: 3,914,799 and 4,003,094 for "Pantyhose With Shaping Band for Cheeky Derriere Relief"; and 3,935,865 for "Brassiere."
- Appeared nearly nude in a 1977 edition of People magazine---donning high heels and pantyhose---to market her invention, Nudemar pantyhose.
- Ran her own real-estate business in the 1980s. <LI style="MARGIN: 0in 0
- 1965, Golden Globe — Actress in a Television Series: Nominee
- 1959, Tony — Actress, Supporting or Featured (Dramatic): Winner
- 1961, Golden Globe — New Star of the Year - Actress: Nominee
- Donald Charles Newmeyer — Father
- John Holt Smith — Ex-husband
- John Newmeyer — Brother
- George Newmeyer — Brother
- Louis L'Amour — Ex-fiancé
- Helene Jesmer Newmeyer — Mother
- John Jewl Smith — Son
- Attended University of California, Los Angeles, California, United States
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Showtime's Couples Therapy Is TV's Smartest, Most Authentic Reality Series
- 2. The Week in Superlatives: Best Fan Service, Worst First, and the Deadliest Payback
- 3. Amazon's Modern Love Isn't the Rom-Com You Think It Is
- 4. Best New Shows and Movies on Netflix This Week: Living with Yourself, The Laundromat
- 5. Well, That Evil Episode Was Truly Horrifying
- 6. Atypical Promises Even Less Normalcy in Season 3
- 7. Kevin Tran Deserved Better in His Supernatural Return